Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Playful Kiss

Title: Playful Kiss
Type: Korean Drama
Genre: Romance, School
Episodes: 16
Cast: Jung So Min, Kim Hyung Joong

Synopsis:

Based on the popular manga, Oh Ha Ni is a clumsy student who falls the perfectionist, Baek Seung Jo. However Seung Jo is indifferent towards her and rejects her love. When Ha Ni's house collapses, she and her father move into his long-time friend's house. It turns out that Seung Jo is the friend's son and Ha Ni is given the opportunity to be near the guy she loves. Will she be able to move Seung Jo's heart?



Review:

I wanted to LOVE this drama. Why? I wanted to watch something that's romantic and funny, with beautiful lead actors. This is my second drama with Kim Hyung Joong and I must say he definitely improved since Boys Over Flower but I felt like he was still slightly restrained, I wasn't getting as much from him as I wanted and compared to Jung So Min, he really didn't have presence. But thumbs up for the slight improvement!



As for Jung So Min, I think she really carried this drama throughout its run. Despite her weird crazy obsession, she was more likable and less helpless. I was glad that Ha Ni could do some things by herself and not seem so helpless and less annoying. She really embodied that character and I think she is showing her range as an actress. I do want to see more of her.



 Honestly...I'm not sure if I would recommend this to anyone unless they have nothing to do and want to watch for the sake of Kim Hyung joong.

No comments:

Post a Comment